Friday 30 September 2011

The Inaugural Post

It would be remiss of me to not begin this blog with homage to Bertie Wooster, who, (along with Giles Coren) is my epicurean hero. The sheer enthusiasm with which Mr Wooster approaches the consumption of food and, mostly drink is something I hope to emulate at most times. Sadly, other things like a full-time job and a mortgage sometimes get in the way, but I hope I am sufficiently successful in squeezing the most out of my weekends and evenings in this pursuit to entertain, without bankrupting myself.

So, to set the tone, here are a few of my favourite Wooster words for being a little worse for wear, which are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

Under the surface
Completely sozzled
Fried to the tonsils
A tissue restorer
Full to the back teeth
Suffering from magnums;
Mopping the stuff up
Ossified
Polluted
Primed to the sticking point
Scrooched
Squiffy
Stewed
Stinko
Tanked to the uvula
Tight as an owl
Under the sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment